Tuesday, October 26, 2010

REbirth Of A City




This New York Times blog is one small example of why Syracuse IS a great place to live.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/10/rebirth-of-a-city/?scp=2&sq=SYRACUSE&st=cse

"I recently moved back to Syracuse as well after floating around to a couple cities (Metro DC and Hartford, CT). I didn't grow up here. Syracuse University is what introduced me to this city. Every day I was away I missed it. I missed its people; its restaurants; Its culture; its diversity. It has the bells and whistles of a large city -- minus the traffic. Sure, it's cold and snowy in the winter here, but the people are anything but cold. I know and trust my neighbors. There's a sense we're "in this together". While this city has been bruised by years of neglect and uncontrollable economic decay, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I bought a house here. I'm invested in Syracuse's future. The tax situation could be better, but still...I pay $1000 a month (taxes included) for a beautiful 4 bedroom home in a safe and inviting city neighborhood. I'm proud to call Syracuse home. It holds a special place in this 29-year-old's heart and will for many years to come."

~ A Young Professional in Syracuse

No comments:

Post a Comment